MFI 5.5" Long Low Profile Scope Mount for HK Weapons (Universal)
THIS PRODUCT IS MADE IN THE USA.
MFI manufactures this item exclusively for HKPARTS.NET. You may contact them directly to purchase. Contact HKPARTS.NET for this item. www.hkparts.net or call 801.440.5060. Here are the direct links (mounts are slightly different depending on caliber) to order from HKPARTS: For MP5 (9mm & .40 S&W) and HK93 (.223 caliber weapons): CLICK HERE For HK91 / PTR91 / HK G3 (.308 caliber weapons): CLICK HERE OR Buy our NEW VERSION with SLOTS / WINDOWS cut in the top in order to see the Serial Numbers. CLICK HERE.
This mount is the ONLY UNIVERSAL scope mount available for all 5 calibers of the H&K MP5 / HK 94, HK93 and HK91 style weapons. We currently have these in the supply chains for all Theaters of Combat Operations including: Iraq and Afghanistan not to forget Law Enforcement / SWAT Teams and Private Military Contracts like BLACKWATER / "Z" throughout the world. So if your Supply Officer does not have any we can sell them directly to you.
Photo Courtesy of: SF Officer, United States Army (The Sand Box).
MFI has a long history of being a Licensed BATF 07 Manufacture with a SOT / Class II & III we get many requests for products that do not exist or for improvements to existing products / ideas on the market. This item is a direct response from US Military requests for a longer scope mount that will fit UNIFORMLY all MP5 and G3 Variants. Made Specifically for LIVE WEAPONS. In other words this is NOT some toy or piece of airsoft CRAP made of questionable pot metal in foreign factories by people who have never even seen a real machinegun. Others less reputable dealers are known to try to sell items that were intended for airsoft bb guns and hope you do not notice until it is too late... meaning when you are dead due to a failure of their untested / junk product. MFI is the GENUINE ARTICLE / REAL DEAL that others copy. This is one of the lowest profile mount available on the market. Designed for MP5 or any G3 variant to mount either Red Dots / Aim Points or Conventional Scopes. By far the Most Cost Effective WITHOUT Sacrificing Quality HK Scope Mount on the market. Note that the attachment mechanism is NOT a quick release style like found on the original HK mounts. We thought about using some sort of quick release but, as we have heard that the Original HK Mount in a tactical situation has been known to un-lock if you accidentally hit that paddle lever. It does take a little more time to mount these (2-3 minutes) but, once they are in place they will never accidentally un-lock. Additionally we made these with the LOWEST PROFILE possible so that they do NOT interfere with the open / iron sites when a scope is not in place. The profile is so low that there is no reason to remove the mount once it has been attached to the weapon system as it does not interfere with any normal function or cleaning. Lastly: 100% Picatinny / Mil. Spec. 1913 Correct. Meaning that your expensive LaRue or SWAN Throw Lever / Quick Release / ARMS Scope Rail Mount will lock 100% the way it was intended. We have seen the influx of hundreds foreign made mounts, rings, risers, rails etc. that claim to be Throw Lever compatible but, are NOT. This one is 100% COMPATIBLE!
We also sell a variety of Scope Rings to accommodate most any Scope on the market. Be sure to check these out as we supply photos of several H&K weapons with this mount and rings attached. Diagrams with complete measurements are there to guide you to the right set up.
- 100% Made In the USA.
- 6061 T-6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum (Main Body / Picatinny Rail)
- Weapons Grade Hardened Steel Legs / Hooks. Mil. Spec. Black Oxide Coating.
- Patented Design (Utility): US 7,305,789
- CNC Machined
- Hard Anodized Flat Black
- Light Weight @ 90.72 gr. ( 3.20 oz. )
- 5.370 Inches ( 136.4mm ) Long.
- Low Profile Rail Height @ 0.420" ( 10.70mm ).
- 100% Picatinny / Mil. Spec. 1913 Correct.
- Tolerance held is + / - 0.001 (less than the thickness of a piece of paper).
- 4 - Independent Draw Style Hooks for 100% Secure Attachment.
- 0.255 Inches (5.5mm) of Draw Length to accommodate even CETME / Out of Spec. Weapons.
- Chamfered Edges for Fast / Easy On & Off in Adverse Conditions.
- Added Stabilizing Point at the Far End. This keeps a solid contact between the top of your receiver and the scope mount.
- 3 - Counter Recoil Slots to Mate with your Specific Weapon's Scope Mount Anti-Recoil Blocks.
- Does NOT Interfere with the iron sights when a scope is not in place. Clear unobstructed view over the rail.
- New 2013 EOTech EXPS3 & G33 Magnifier's Throw levers are too wide and hit the top of the MFI leg. This is NOT an issue if using the older models or the SWAN throw lever version.
- HK 21
- HK 91 / HK91
- HK G3 (All Variants)
- HK 33
- HK 53
- HK 93 / HK93
- HK 94 / HK94
- H&K MP5A2 & MP5 A3
- Heckler and Koch MP5A4 & MP5 A5
- HK MP5K
- HK MP5K PDW
- PTR-91 / JLD (All Variants)
- Vector 53 (All Variants)
- Vector 94 (All Variants)
- Special Weapons SW5 (All Variants)
- Bobcat Weapons BW-5 (All Variants)
- Coharie Arms CA5 / CA-5
- MKE / MKEK (Makina ve Kimya Endüstrisi Kurumu) T-94
- As well as all Variants / Clones of MP5 & G3 World Wide; Licensed or Unlicensed i.e. Century, CETME, Greek, Iranian, Pakistani, South African etc. (Weapon MUST have a Recoil Stop Block, see below explanation.)
NOTE ON CETME & CLONES: See the photo section above for a photo depiction of the require part. Basically CETME made a number of money saving cut backs on their weapons. Rear sights are never as nice as HK’s and most do not have the recoil stop block and are considered open sight guns only. If there is no Recoil Stop Block then there is nothing keeping the mount (ours or anyone else’s) from walking down the receiver. NOTE: G3s with HK Ejection Port Buffers, Carry Handles or any device that rolls over the top of the receiver in the same location as where the mount fits can NOT be used in tandem with our mount. The MFI Low Profile mount lays flat on top of the receiver with near ZERO clearance.
SPECIAL NOTE GSG5 & UMAREX GUNS: This mount does NOT fit the Umarex Correctly and about 50% of the time does not fit the GSG5 either. The issue is that these 2 weapons copied Airsoft product NOT REAL Weapons, so the center section of the mounting bracket is taller by 0.0850" which does not allow the mount to sit flat and level on the top of the receiver. Additionally the receivers are wider than the real guns (again they both copied Airsoft product) and require special legs / hooks. GSG-5 & Umarex Mounts are Available: We have been contracted by HKPARTS.NET to produce a run of the New Version MFI Low Profile 5.5" Long Mount that does have this milled out area & correct size legs / hooks for the GSG5 and Umarex weapons. Contact HKPARTS.NET directly For GSG5 or Umarex weapons systems. Call: 801.440.5060. Here is the DIRECT LINK to the HKPARTS.NET product page. NOTE: This will take you OFF MFI's web site. http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Umarex-HK-MP5-22-Low-Profile-Scope-Mount-130p2389.htm
This item is NOT RESTRICTED FOR DOMESTIC US SALES in any way and we offer DOMESTIC USA shipping to ANYONE. We ship to all 50 US States as well as all US Territories i.e. Guam & Puerto Rico. Sorry we can NOT ship to ANY APO address regardless of actual location.
This approval is AVAILABLE through MFI as we are an ITAR / Dept. of State Registrant with the Directorate of Defense and Trade Controls Office. We can obtain a US State Dept. Export License for you.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on this issue.
IPR / Copyright
All images are the sole property of MFI LLC and are protected by copyright laws.
Most of our products are protected by Utility and or Design Patents.
MFI is a Registered Trademark.
We do NOT tolerate any violations of our Intellectual Property Rights.
SPECIAL NOTE ON STYLE & TRADE NAMES: "HK", "MP5", "G3", HK94, as well as other marks, are Registered Trademarks of Heckler & Koch and are used on this web site for reference only. This item is NOT manufactured by HK (Heckler & Koch). This real weapon's manufacture has NO relationship to this product, nor any product offered by MFI. FN, FNH, Fabrique Nationale, PS-90, PS90, P90 as well as other marks, are Registered Trademarks of FNH and are used on this web site for reference only. This item is NOT manufactured by FNH. This real weapon's manufacture has NO relationship to this product, nor any product offered by MFI. Knight's Armament has Registered Trademarks & if any are used on this web site they are used for reference only. This item is NOT manufactured by Knight's Armament. This real weapon's manufacture has NO relationship to this product, nor any product offered by MFI. Israeli Military Industries has Registered Trademarks (UZI + others) & if any are used on this web site they are used for reference only. This item is NOT manufactured by IMI. This real weapon's manufacture has NO relationship to this product, nor any product offered by MFI. Thus any mention of or use of trade names is done in reference to the real weapon for which these items are designed to fit on to. No MFI offered product has any Trademarks or other IPR use on it other than our own. We do this to be sure that there is NO CONFUSION IN THE MARKET.
- Be sure the weapon is unloaded and the safety is on.
- Remove all 4 of the small bolts from the mount.
- Open / pull outward the bottom of the hook / lock point on all 4 points.
- Place the mount on top of the weapon's scope mounting points and press down. While pressure is applied press the mounting points back inward toward the receiver.
- Place the small bolts back into the 4 holes and down into the mounting points and tighten by hand to avoid cross threading. Alternate from bolt to bolt as you tighten to keep the mount level. Use a 5/64 allen key / hex wrench to finish tightening (do not over tighten). The mount is now installed. To remove simply reverse the aforementioned instructions. Never use Loctite or any other thread locking compound as it will take a torch to get the mount off or you will strip the bolt heads. The set screw is used to apply pressure down on to the top of the receiver to add stability to the extension area. Once attached to the weapon this mount should NOT be removed. It does NOT interfere with the iron sites or any other operation such as cleaning. On and Off removal will result in stripping the threads on the hooks.
HAND FITTING / TROUBLE SHOOTING
Because there are so many G3 / MP5 variants (genuine and clone) out there & in 6 different calibers, that span 30+ years of manufacturing changes, some hand fitting may be required. The issue mainly stems from the fact that in order to get a good solid fit we have to hold very tight tolerances. The tolerances that the manufacturers hold to are far less stringent. This mount unlike other HK style mounts does NOT squeeze the receiver via a cam mechanism or utilize a side to side lock. We are clamping to the small gusseted shelves in an up and down fashion. This "sandwiching" type of mounting system is far more robust and stable than any side to side type of mount. Again we are dealing with a tolerance of +/- thousands of an inch (less than the thickness of a couple playing cards).
Manufactures of these weapons can easily fall out of spec without knowing because:
- Some hold tolerances only to +/- hundredths of an inch as there is no solid Mil. Spec. for this area.
- Using thicker or thinner steel for the stamping.
- The application of too much paint.
- Dripping paint over the ledge of the shelf.
- Use of old or worn tooling.
- Not making the final milling pass to flatten the shelf / ledge.
- PROBLEM: My MFI mount SLIPS OFF when tightened or does NOT grab the shelf or shelves as it appears the legs / hooks are NOT long (width) enough to make solid contact with the receiver ledge. ANSWER: For this there are 2 possible answers:
- There is a glob of paint / paint drip that is covering the sharp right angle of the lower part of the ledge where the hook / leg hits the receiver. Look to see if this might be the issue. If you cannot see a clear delineation in the shelf that makes a sharp right angle for the ledge then take a probe / hand file / sharp pointed object and run it across the ledge to remove the excess paint.
- Your receiver is out of spec and falls in the very narrow spectrum. Contact MFI for a wider / longer reaching hooks / legs. If you are familiar with knocking in and out roll pins we can just send you a set of our special longer legs / hooks. If not you can send us the mount and we can swap out the hooks for you FREE OF CHARGE. You pay only the shipping to us. You will likely still have to hand fit the legs to your receiver as we make these extra long to accommodate the wide variety of out of spec distances. (see below #3) NOTE: Each steel leg / hook costs us $7.00 to make. So we supply these on a per needed basis only. You may be required to send in the old legs for length verification. Otherwise a set of (2) legs / hooks are available to buy for $15.00 (which includes S&H).
- PROBLEM: My MFI mount does NOT sit flat / level on the top of the receiver. NOTE: There should be a uniform gap / space between the bottom of the mount and the top of the receiver. ANSWER: You likely have not fully seated the mount over the anti-recoil stop block (the part sticking up just forward of the rear sight on a G3 (HK 91 / HK 93) or the welded taps in the center of the receiver on a HK MP5). With the mount just sitting on the top of the receiver (no screws or bolts in the hooks / legs) it should sit flat and level. If NOT... Although quite rare... You likely have a CETME, HK Clone or Mid 1980s HK91 build using after market rear sight blocks that have the tower portion (part sticking up) that is too tall. Generally the fastest fix is to file down the tower with a hand file. We are talking about only a few hits with a hand file to knock the high spot down. The other option is to mill out the MFI rail from underneath where we already have the cut out slot.
- PROBLEM: I cannot get all of the bolts / screws in the hooks / legs of my MFI HK Low Profile Mount. Meaning... When I look down from the top of the mount, through the hole where the bolt goes in the main body of the mount, I see that the hook / leg is sitting at a slight angle pointing inward towards the center of the receiver. DO NOT force the bolt in as you may cross thread or strip the threaded holes in the legs.
- First be sure that the mount is centered on the top of the receiver. It is normal to have some side to side play to center the mount. If it is centered then continue to step "b". If NOT then you will need to do step "b" to all legs / hooks in order to have the mount centered on the receiver (this is very rare).
- b. Use a hand file or Dremel fiber cutting wheel (use the side of the wheel) & remove a small amount of the material on the leading edge of the leg / hook where the leg / hook hits the receiver ledge / shelf. You need to remove the same amount from ALL of the legs on the 5.5" and 6.5" long mounts. Mounts that have 6 legs you will remove the Same amount of material on ONLY the 4 REAR legs. So try to remove the same amount of material from each leg.
ANSWER: Your receiver is slightly out of spec and falls in the wide receiver spectrum. Remember that we have to gauge our legs for the MOST COMMON tolerance. In this case you actually have a higher quality weapon in that the steel being used is likely a hair thicker than normal. All you have to do is remove a small amount of material from the part of the leg(s) / hook(s) that are not allowing the bolts to go down into. Follow these steps:
Do NOT remove material from the set of legs forward of the ejection port as this area does not have the shelf / mounting point built into the receiver like the rear does. This will take some time and require you to mount and dis-mount the MFI HK Low Profile Mount from the receiver several times. In doing so you will end up with a Rock Solid mounting platform custom fit to your weapon.
- Item Requires Shipping